Friday, May 19, 2006

And the Lammy goes to...

The Lambda Literary Awards for GLBT literature were announced the other night. Poetry winners were:

Gay Men's Poetry
Crush by Richard Siken (Yale)

Lesbian Poetry
Directed by Desire: Collected Poems by June Jordan (Copper Canyon)

If anyone wants to see the complete list of winners (doesn't look like it's up on their website yet), let me know and I can email it to you...

* * * * *

Chaotic work day. My branch library closes for good one week from today. They are already starting to dismantle bookshelves and haul away filing cabinets, etc. Next week will be pretty crazy. Then I turn forty-five. Then it's almost time to go to Provincetown.

Every ten years I seem to hit a "reassess my life" point. It happened at twenty-five, at thirty-five, and guess what. The next few months should be interesting.

* * * * *

"Interesting" can mean a lot of different things.

I guess we'll find out.

1 comment:

Garbo said...

I'm 49 now and I am in a women's group with a woman who's 51 and completely done with menopause. I have come to view this woman as a real grown-up and I can't wait till I'm on the other side of 50. I am not sure at this point if I would take advice from anyone under 50, and perhaps not from anyone under 60.