Saturday, May 21, 2005

Two funnies and a request

The best laugh I've had all week: Emily has a great post at her blog about "poetry face" -- and Robin points out that "The cat deliberately mistakes poetry face for cat-ass-mirror. Cats like to edit, though."

CAT-ASS-MIRROR! I am still giggling over that one.

**********

Some searches that have led people to my blog in the last month or so:
national hairball awareness day
strange mammal
cheating poems
duck manuscripting
find the mammal donut whole
"adam eve and steve"
poems about librarians
picture of hairball

**********

Would anyone be willing to take a look at a somewhat long-ass poem I'm wrestling with? It's about two and a half pages right now, fairly narrative, and it feels terribly unfocused -- I'm afraid that I am too wedded to the "true story" and haven't yet unearthed the actual truth of the poem. I don't need extensive critique at this point, just a sense of direction, maybe -- nobody's read it yet and it feels like time. You can comment here or backchannel me (ahaines at gmail dot com) and I can fire it off to you, with much gratitude.

(No pressure, mind. I can always bring it in to my poetry group for a little feedback, so don't feel that someone must pipe up here.)

**********

I did get my new laptop power cord yesterday, and we had a joyous little reunion last night. Let there be power!

3 comments:

Emily Lloyd said...

I'm game! My email is elloyd74@hotmail.com ....send 'er over.

Charles said...

I'd be happy to! You can get my email address on my blog. :)

Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

Hi Anne, I'll take a look at it. I'm in the middle of all phases of 'somewhat long-ass poems" right now—bring her on. I'd like to read it. 'Sides, we five foot one & a halfers have to stick together (never underestimate the importance of a half!) Send plain text pasted to email, unless you're a fellow mac-a-dee, (no Word or Evil Empire) to poetdee at mac dot com.

oh yeah, and I'll try not to be cat-ass-mirror about it ;-)

Lorna Dee

p.s. I'm thinking of starting up my workshops again on an island off of Cancun, Mexico—as everyone needs a cottage by the sea. Try the Carribean, for half the price of the Northern seaboard. Whee! Can you spell 'XX' & chaya?