Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Have you seen this?

Just the fact that this book exists makes me giggle with delight: The Rap Canterbury Tales.

I haven't read it -- our library has it, but it's apparently checked out at the moment -- but since, like all good English majors, I was forced to read the original Canterbury Tales until I wished the English language had never been invented, I think I am going to have to get my hands on it at some point. Hee! Have any of you seen it? Is it as amusing as it should be?

Also, Lee Chapman (the composer who set my little poem "Door" to music last year) has written a sorta-kinda Christmas song called "Don't Tell Mom," which you can hear on his Myspace. (It should start playing automagically; if, like me, you have a slow-ass dialup connection that does not play nicely with streaming audio, you can hit the "Download" link and it will eventually make its way to your computer where you can listen to it using your audio player of choice.) It starts out funny, but in the end it doesn't go in the direction I thought it was going to go.... Worth a listen, anyhow.

(And you can see his picture here too! Sorry boys, he's taken. ;)

I suppose I should join Myspace at some point, but I'm avoiding it.

Work is nuts, and my to-do list is out of control in my unpaid life as well. I miss writing. After Christmas I will have a few days free, and I am planning a veritable orgy of reading and writing, and napping in the sun with a cat or two sprawled out on top of me. I'm really very much in denial about how close to Christmas it is already. This is the last week of classes at the university here (next week is finals week); today when I came in to work I heard some poor student in the middle of the library proclaiming, "I haven't been outside in 23 hours!" Perhaps it really wasn't any favor to the students to make the library be open 24/7. They've gotta go outside SOMEtime, right? Heh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

weird--I was just thinking about myspace today, seems inevitable for some reason, but sheesh, it's enough to keep up my blog, ya know?

I just put up our tree today (with much persuasion). I was in denial too.

Collin Kelley said...

I have no regrets about setting up a MySpace page. Hell, now I have two.

www.myspace.com/collinkelleypoetry
www.myspace.com/colllinkelley

I update them every now and then, usually with stuff from my main blog.

Anne Haines said...

I think when one has a book or two to plug, the myspace thing maybe makes more sense. I just hate 99% of the myspace pages I see -- all the embedded music and stuff makes them take 10 minutes to load up on my Slow-Ass Dialup(tm).