Friday, March 14, 2008

Lambda Finalists

I swear I'm behind on everything and will respond to comments & emails & make a proper post soon, soon, soon.

Meanwhile, the Lambda Literary Award finalists were announced today. Here are the finalists in poetry:
  • Blackbird and Wolf, Henri Cole (Farrar, Straus & Giroux)
  • A Gathering of Matter/A Matter of Gathering, Dawn Lundy Martin (University of Georgia Press)
  • Otherwise Obedient, Carol Potter (Red Hen Press)
  • Fata Morgana, Reginald Shepherd (University of Pittsburgh)
  • The Second Person, C. Dale Young (Four Way Books)
  • Human Resources, Rachel Zolf (Coach House Books)
Also of interest to poets, Mark Doty's Dog Years (which I really loved) is a finalist in the "Men's Memoir/Biography" category, as are The History of My Shoes and the Evolution of Darwin's Theory by poet Kenny Fries and What Becomes You by Aaron Raz Link and poet Hilda Raz (which I also read and thought was quite good).

No comments: