Friday, August 01, 2008

Ain't no cure

The Boss & crew in New Jersey:
Springsteen performs Summertime Blues



[Review of Night 3 of Springsteen's 3-night Giants Stadium stand, here.]

Three weeks from tonight I'll be in the midst of a small road trip, chasing this guy around the midwest(-ish). I'll be getting to shows in Nashville, St. Louis, and Kansas City -- three shows in four nights. It's not that much of a road trip by some people's standards, but for someone who's never driven more than a couple of hours for a concert before, it's fairly monumental. I anticipate exhaustion and a very, very good time. (I have general admission, standing-room tickets for Nashville and STL. Springsteen's shows run three hours or so, plus standing and waiting before the show. When I say exhaustion, I mean it! It will be so worth it, though.)

I've always had romantic daydreams about jumping in the car and chasing rock stars around the country, but never have done it before. This will be small-scale as those things go, but should be a nice way to close out my summer anyhow. I've been working on a set of rock & roll-inspired poems, so with any luck, the trip will serve double duty as vacation & inspiration.

Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately. Life gets in the way sometimes, you know. Should have my head above water a bit more very soon.

No comments: