Sunday, January 17, 2010

Journalish

A few news tidbits from the literary-journal front:
  • diode, one of my favorite online journals, has a new issue up. Check out v3n2 here. I've only barely dipped into it so far, but looks like some good stuff!

  • Bloom, which fell off the face of the earth for about three years, is (knock on wood!) being revived. Look for a new issue at the AWP conference in Denver this April. My prosepoem (yes, prosepoem -- something I hardly ever write!) "Flyover Country" will be in it. I'd about given up, to be honest. But I'm glad things are looking hopeful once again; this was one of my favorite journals until it disappeared.

  • Last but not least, today I got the speediest acceptance I've ever gotten -- a few minutes short of three hours from the time I hit "send" to the time the acceptance letter showed up in my inbox! I'll have two poems in upcoming issues of the Tipton Poetry Journal: one in the winter 2010 issue this month, and one in the summer issue this coming July. Not only did the acceptance arrive in my inbox that fast, but there were even proofs attached! Sometimes, technology really does make our lives a little easier.

4 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

good stuff!!!

i have had several speedy rejections lately :)

Amanda Auchter said...

Congrats on the acceptance! I've hardly been sending out at all, but do have 2 things coming out. I love your work & can't wait to read it! :)

Collin Kelley said...

I love Charles' letter on the homepage for Bloom. Refreshingly honest.

jungleroar said...

amazing