Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Cheerleader + Librarian

Congratulations to Jenni -- she has work in the current issue of Arsenic Lobster, as does my fellow Bloomingtonian Joseph Kerschbaum.

Further Adventures of the Renegade Librarian: I mentioned WorldCat in an earlier post. If any of y'all who have published books are curious to know how many libraries own your book, but don't have ready access to WorldCat, drop me a comment -- be sure I have your name and the title of your book(s) -- and I'll be happy to look 'em up for you. Chapbooks too, so long as they have an ISBN. (You don't have to give me the ISBN for me to look them up -- it's just that non-ISBN-owning chapbooks are not likely to be included.)

Bonus, I'll do it from work and count it as a reference question, since we have to keep track of how many of those we get. *grin* If you want to see the whole list of libraries, those get really long so I won't post them, but I'd be happy to copy/paste it into your email.

Yes, I'm just a happy little bibliographic geek, I am! When Poetry from Sojourner: A Feminist Anthology (the place I'm probably proudest of being published) came out, I checked WorldCat every few days to see how many more libraries had added it. It's in 153 libraries now, a year and a half after publication, which is pretty good.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I'm so excited! Poetry from Sojourner: A Feminist Anthology is in VCU's library. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Anne Haines said...

Patty - very cool! It's a fabulous anthology, and I would say that (and would have bought a copy) even if I weren't in it. I always loved the poetry Sojourner published and was terribly sad when it went under.