Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dog people, listen up!

If you have a dog, you need to read this -- Xylitol, a sweetener used in sugarless gum and other things, is extremely toxic to dogs. As little as a few sticks of Xylitol-sweetened gum can easily kill a dog. Scary! I had no idea.

* * * * *

Funny thing about getting poems published -- sometimes people read them. Even people you don't actually know (scroll down a bit). And they even study them and think about them. For some reason, this blows me away a little bit. (Like -- you mean people read this stuff even if I don't personally shove it in their face? Whoa...)

* * * * *

Anyone have interesting Memorial Day plans? I'm going up to my mom's so she can feed me birthday cake...

* * * * *

Starting to make my Provincetown travel plans. Usually I fly into Boston and take the ferry over to P-town, but this time I'm thinking about flying into Providence, RI and renting a car. The Cape Cod traffic in July may make me regret doing it, but I think it might be fun -- plus then I'd have a car in P-town, which I never have before, and could pop out to Race Point at night if I wanted to. If I fly into PVD, I will probably tack an extra day onto the beginning and end of the trip, try to see a few sights in the vicinity. If anyone has cheap motel recommendations in the Providence area, I'm all ears. Seekonk or Fall River look like good possibilities as well. (I just like saying Seekonk.)

* * * * *

DirecTV is picking up the Tennis Channel. My ass may never leave the couch again.

1 comment:

Montgomery Maxton said...

Seekonk is a funny name.