Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hospital days

Just a quick check-in to say that my mom came through Tuesday's hip replacement surgery nicely. She's had a few glitches along the way (blood pressure going way too low for a while, the usual assortment of what doctors call "discomfort" and everyone else calls "terrible pain," some minor visual hallucinations -- you know, the kind some people take narcotics on purpose to enjoy --, stuff like that). But she's mostly doing well and expects to come home tomorrow. I'll be here a few more days helping out.

Not much poetry -- I thought I'd get some reading done, but have been too wiped out by the end of the day to do much of anything but collapse on the couch and watch American Idol. I have some thoughts & images about the experience of being the family member in the waiting room, which may or may not turn into poem(s); we'll see.

Pretty tired, and before I can sleep, I still need to do a few things around the house to prepare for tomorrow. Things should get easier from here on, though.

Hope everyone out there is well.

No comments: