Friday, July 18, 2008

Notes from the Hot Zone

10 pm and just dark, and it is still 85 degrees outside. Phew.

* * * * *

Got my copy of Collin Kelley's chapbook, After the Poison, today. Yay! I look forward to sitting down with it this weekend. I like chapbooks because you can sit down and read the whole thing through in one sitting, if you're so inclined.

Speaking of chapbooks, you have one week left to pre-order Breach and get free shipping...

* * * * *

Hooray for the Barn Owl Review blog! I really appreciate it, both as a reader & as a writer, when editors make the effort to continue supporting & promoting the writers they have published. Thanks, Mary & crew!

* * * * *

Received word this week that And Know This Place, an anthology of Indiana poets edited by Jenny Kander and Charles Greer, will be published by the Indiana Historical Society Press in spring 2009. I have a little something included in it. You'd be surprised how many poets we have in Indiana. Or maybe you wouldn't. Anyway, I'm glad this anthology is finally going to see print!

* * * * *

My sister sent me this one:
A poet who reads his verse in public may have other nasty habits.
- Robert Heinlein
Hmph.

2 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Yay, glad you got it. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...good or bad. :) Looking forward to getting yours very soon!

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Hi there...I'm reading Collin's chapbook soon, too(tomorrow I pick it up!)Have a great Sunday!
I'll be ordering YOUR chapbook soon, too!