Thursday, May 28, 2009

Monkey see...

So this is my first attempt at making a video, using the bitty camera on my bitty new netbook. Not sure how crazy I am about it, and the video quality leaves something to be desired, but I'll put it up at least for now. This is a "rainy morning in Provincetown" poem -- I wrote the first draft sitting in the Adams Pharmacy looking out at cranky wet tourists walking by, then moved over to the Provincetown Public Library and worked on it for a while, then went back over to the Fine Arts Work Center and typed it up & printed it out & took it in to my workshop that afternoon. It was a good day.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Montgomery Maxton said...

LOVE IT! What a great poem.

Anne Haines said...

Aw, thanks, MM! :)

Megan said...

It's so cool to see you, having known you online for so long! Also, you have a really nice voice. And pretty hair. :)

Radish King said...

I love this. I loved it especially when you held your book up and your book grew wings and flew skewing sideways. I loved the poem too. I have your book you know. HAHA YOU DIDN'T KNOW DID YOU!!!!


love,
Rebecca


ps. wv voluse OMG that sounds so sexy I have to go lie down.

Radish King said...

ps. The words that water saysI love that so goddamned much.


r

Anne Haines said...

Megan, Rebecca - thanks! :) Y'all make me blush and things.

R, I have all your books so it's only fair. ;) I didn't mean to make mine fly away but I couldn't figure out which way to point it. Sheesh. Technology.

Collin Kelley said...

One of my favorite poems in Breach. So cool to hear and see you reading it!

Jessie Carty said...

*claps* yeah! I subscribed to your channel so expect to see more :) *wink*

Terrific reading!