Thursday, May 14, 2009

spring vacation in the E Street Nation

Photobucket

I will definitely make a better post in the near future. But for now, I leave you with this picture that someone sitting in a section behind the stage snapped at the Chicago Springsteen show. (You probably have to click on the picture to see the whole thing. And yes, it's taken from behind the stage; Bruce and Steve were interacting with the drummer so that's why they have their backs turned to most of the audience.)

Look in the very front row, towards the left... short woman wearing a tie-dye t-shirt that's kinda blue at the top... c'est moi.

I'm not kidding. At the Chicago show, I was in the very, very, very front. To say that I was deliriously happy would be an understatement.

(The shirt I was wearing, incidentally, was my Little Steven's Underground Garage shirt. And Little Steven did indeed notice and appreciate that fact. He smiled at me a bunch of times and at the end he came over and put a guitar pick into my happy little hands. Niiiiiiice.) (Yes, he was also Silvio on the Sopranos, for those who follow tv more closely than they follow music. But he belonged to the E Street Band first, darnit!)

Anyway, it was a bit of a whirlwind trip, and I'm long overdue for sleep, so I will post more tomorrow or so. And I'm sure I owe some emails, Twitter/Facebook stuff, etc. and I haven't read any blogs in days. I'll catch up eventually, right?

6 comments:

Edward Byrne said...

Hi, Anne. What a great picture and what good fortune for you! I have seen the band a dozen times over the years, going all the way back to when I saw them at small clubs like the Bottom Line in New York before they were famous, and I never had a front row position. I hope you get that picture framed and place it on the wall above your desk as inspiration every time you write. Cheers, Ed

Jessie Carty said...

You need to make a poster sized copy of that picture for you home :)

Anonymous said...

OMG there you are!!!

Lyle Daggett said...

What can I say -- rock on, rock on, rock on!

Anne Haines said...

Thanks, y'all! Ed - I am envious of your "early days" experience - the first time I saw them was in 1978, when I was 17. And I've only seen them 10 times overall.

I should definitely get that photo printed out, shouldn't I? I keep looking at it and thinking, oh yeah, that was real... not just a wonderful dream.

Leslie said...

That is an amazing photo! And yes, get a really good print made. A treasure.