Sunday, July 01, 2007

Full

Last night the moon kept me awake most of the night. I didn't even realize that was what it was until I peeked out the window at like 4:00 and oh hello.

* * * * *

I'm working with some new material -- or, to be more precise, material I've been working with for about a year now, but didn't really recognize it until now. One thing that happens as I get better at this writing thing (or at least as I continue to stick with it) is that I am more and more able to be aware of my process, of what spurs me on and where to push myself harder and what my options are in various directions, without letting that awareness get in the way of ... whatever it is that happens. The trick is to stay out of your own way, but it's easier to get out of something's way if you can see it coming.

The balance of naming and mystery. Embracing both.

* * * * *

Sometimes a kind word or two is all it takes to kick ass into a slightly higher gear. And don't think it's not appreciated; it means the world. Even if it scares me (which it does).

* * * * *

The word embodied. The funhouse mirror.

I am so eager for what waits for me. Like that full moon, it's out there shining.

No comments: