Monday, April 18, 2005

The best thing...

...anyone said in comments on my post about Li-Young Lee's reading came from Didi:

Well,

You are one with God when you write. You are one with man when you read.

That is all I have to say about that.


Lot of work I want to do tonight, several poems I know I want to revise, but I have a splitting headache. I got some poems back today (as in rejected) and wanted to figure out where to fire them off next, but I may just go to bed. I got two packets sent out today, so I have a total of eleven packets out at the moment ... maybe I'll just wait until some more come back and shuffle them around a bit. I'm feeling a bit head-to-brick-wall-ish about publication right now, as I haven't had an acceptance in a while; I think the cure for that is probably not to think about it for a bit and to spend more time writing -- which is, after all, the point.

Edited to add: Hey, I found the blog of someone who actually did take notes at LYL's reading. Here, if you're interested.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't let the rejections get you down--and if they do--stop submitting for awhile and just write.

Unknown said...

Don't let the rejections get you down--and if they do--stop submitting for awhile and just write.

Anonymous said...

On the mark, Didi!