Monday, April 25, 2005

midlife checks and balances

Today I was emailing back and forth with a colleague and something she said reminded me of the Liz Phair song "Fuck and Run" and I wanted to tell her that but for the life of me I couldn't come up with the name Liz Phair. So I thought I'd google for it, and tried to think of some of her other songs, and "Supernova" got stuck in my head but I couldn't think of the title of the song for anything. I thought of googling for the line "fuck like a volcano" but I didn't really want that in my search history at work. The same went for the title "Fuck and Run" but I finally couldn't stand it anymore and plugged that phrase into Google and I was in business.

Man, I hate getting old. Short-term memory is the first to go. Next I think is attention span, and




...oh man. Where was I?

Anyway.

**********

On good days, reading blogs leads me directly into reading poems, and I shut the laptop and go into my study and sit down at my desk and read for a while and then I write for a while.

Other days, not so much.

I am trying to find some kind of balance. And the unread book pile is appallingly high.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Exile in Guyville is one of my all time favorite albums. Liz Phair is dreamy.

Anne Haines said...

Suzanne, I couldn't even think of the title of that album, although I could picture the cover art clearly in my head. It was driving me nuts! It is a fabulous album, though apparently I don't have a copy anymore.

Charles said...

I love singing "Fuck and Run" in my car with people who don't know Liz, because they invariably freak out when I scream, "Fuck and run...even when I was 12..."

Reminds me of Fight Club: "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school."

Also, "Hot White Cum" is good for this as well.